Nora the Nasal Nodule; an update

Nora the BCC on my nose was due to have been surgically removed on the Thursday following my rather sudden admission to hospital with liver failure, and the operation was postponed on the basis that I might not have been able to have it.

Subsequent debate between my medical team, the dermatology team and myself has resulted in a further postponment as we all felt that the operation was a cosmetic one and therefore rather than risk infection at a time when any such thing might be dangerous for me we would wait until perhaps October this year.

I will be seeing the dermatology team in late September on one of my visits to the hospital for tests on my liver functions and we’ll review the position then.

And so I am stock with Nora for a little longer which is disappointing, but sensible under the circumstances.

Leave a comment

Filed under about me, serious stuff

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s